5 Reasons why today’s present situation is different from 2007-2008.
- It is more difficult today to secure a mortgage than in 2007. Financing guidelines are more strict.
- Price appreciation on homes are more stable now than in 2007.
- In 2008, the market had an over supply of home. Today we have an under supply.
- Much less of today’s average family’s income is going toward mortgage payments.
- Back in the early 2000’s. homeowners used their house as an ATM machines using home equity loans to pay off credit cards, car loans, etc…