(Article contributed by Alice Robertson of Tidyhome.info)
Dreaming of downsizing in retirement? If so, you are not alone in your aspirations. Countless older adults make changes to simplify their homes and their lives in preparation for a relaxing and low-stress retirement. Deciding to downsize is only half of the battle since you also need to know where to start when making your own downsizing plans. This list of practical and helpful resources from Real Estate with Mr. G can provide some clarity.
Downsizing Responsibility Without Limiting Possibilities
If what you’re really craving is less responsibility when it comes to caring for your home, you should know that you do have options. Including these creative solutions and tips:
- First of all, try to focus on right-sizing rather than simply finding a smaller home.
- You can use this dream home finder from our website to get started.
- Worried about financing? You can check VA mortgage interest rates and your eligibility for VA home loans.
- With no upper limits, VA loans could help you secure the home of your dreams.
Managing Potentially Stressful Downsizing and Moving Projects
The whole point of downsizing is to alleviate stress so that you can enjoy your retirement, so there’s no reason why the process should cause you distress. Keep these tips in mind:
- If it’s been a while since you’ve bought a home, it can help to know what to expect.
- You should also look for a moving checklist so you can stay organized throughout the process.
- Need to declutter a lot of stuff before your move? Give yourself plenty of time to do so.
- It’s also okay if you need to ask for help or hire a professional to help with downsizing.
Finding Other Professionals to Help Manage a Downsizing Move
Working with a senior move manager can be a good call for relieving stress, especially if you have room for it in your budget. These other professionals can also make moving easier:
- An experienced realtor can make finding a new home and selling an old one simple.
- Consider hiring a professional moving company to manage your move.
Your golden years should be all about you and doing what you love. If you’re not in love with your current home or lifestyle, downsizing or right-sizing could be the right call. Be sure to bookmark this guide so you will have the right resources available to smooth the process. And if you plan on looking for your dream home in the Hampton Area, Christopher Garguilo has all of the resources and information you need. Reach out to get started: 757-876-7443.
Photo Credit: Unsplash